Thursday, April 3, 2008

Posted by xjustinx |
The 1990's produced some of the heaviest bands to ever hit hardcore, such as Overcast and Fortheloveof, but none were heavier than Disembodied. If someone tries to tell you that a band is or was heavier than Disembodied, call them a liar and punch them in the face. I find it horribly appalling that a good majority of their discography is now out of print. In this post, I'm going to post some of the more rare stuff from their time together.

Existence In Suicide
As far as I've ever been able to tell, this was Disembodied's first release. The "Demo '91" that has been floating around Soulseek for more than a few years now, is clearly just a demo from one of the 3 death metal bands in the US that were also named Disembodied. This CD/EP came out on Furface Records in early 1995, and was supposedly limited to 500 copies.
http://www.mediafire.com/?djzyxjdybr1

The Confession
These songs were recorded in September of 1995, but didn't come out until early 1996 on the legendary Moo Cow Records. I'd say it's with this release that Disembodied were really starting to set the new standard for the term "heavy" in hardcore.
http://www.mediafire.com/?tlkqydglzrz

Two Unreleased Studio Tracks from 1997 (Bootleg)
The rumor I had always heard is that Disembodied knows who put out this bootleg. Two tracks are contained on this slab of vinyl, but neither of them are given titles. If I remember correctly, though, one of these songs ended up on a comp. These two songs were recorded at the same time as the Diablerie full length that came out on Ferret Records. My copy of the green mix vinyl also came with the alternate cover pictured below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2f2wb2xtnmj
And while we're on the subject, I've noticed a large influx of bands lately that are tuning their guitars down to B, or something similar. Please do us all a favor, and break up now. Disembodied knew how to do it correctly, but you just sound like a sad mush of bad chug mosh.

14 comments:

xCHIPxSEM said...

Quote xJustinx "And while we're on the subject, I've noticed a large influx of bands lately that are tuning their guitars down to B, or something similar. Please do us all a favor, and break up now. Disembodied knew how to do it correctly, but you just sound like a sad mush of bad chug mosh."

I love you...I almost pissed myself

EMS / COREGASM said...

first ever coregasm post was that Disembodied debut CD. The track from the Goodfellow Records comp is pretty bad ass too. "Enochian Prayer" was it's title. such a good band!

Death Metal Dan said...

Wow - another great post! You oughta follow it up with one from Overcast since you mentioned them.

And I have For The Love Of's demo - maybe I'll post it over on my blog in the near future.

xjustinx said...

I knew it! Thanks for the memory jarring EMS. That Goodfellow comp is one of my all time favorites too.

mdfezine said...

The first time that heard about them was from a old Minneapolis punk-hc comp. was the "eulogy" Song there... was so different and total out of context of the rest of the bands there. the past month i got the "diablerie" Vinyl version. but i never heard about the bootleg stuff.
Awesome post and thanks for share this one!
Jero.

actionxjackson said...

nooooooooo! mediafire doesn't like my browser. :( It seems to be the only site that gives me a warning about my cookies. anyone know how to get around this? I think it might be some of the add ons for firefox or virus protection.

PS. I <3 me some disembodied and props to this blog for having some AWESOME content.

Memoria del fuego e- hc zine. said...

actionxjackson, you should de-activate your firewall security level. thats it :) try this one.
take care,

Prime Directive said...

The band didn't press that bootleg, but they know who did. Great post - you beat me to the punch on a Disembodied post, although I may still do one with different songs.

Stephen said...

great post. disembodied were so great. i'm bummed the only opportunity i had to see them, they cancelled.

Jeremy said...

can you post some fortheloveof?

Bloodshed said...

Wow, these guys are my favorite band to this day and I never knew of these releases. Makes me feel like an ass! Anyways I ran across a shirt on Ebay years ago ( i snatched it up with ninja like quickness). It's Grey and said "do you like the pain" on the back with their logo and an outline of a kneeling person on the front. Any Idea when that was in circulation?

xjustinx said...

I'm pretty sure that shirt was being sold on the If God Only Knew the Rest Were Dead tour in 98.

chrisapproach said...

awesome post!

mattack said...

Disembodied was an amazing band... Thanks for the boot! I did a Disembodied post on my blog too. http://is.gd/2gZZ
Also did you hear about the REUNION? http://is.gd/2b42