Friday, December 12, 2008

Posted by xjustinx |

I first heard Reflect sometime in 2007 when someone directed me to their myspace page. Having some contact with their singer, Mike, via various message boards, I acquired a copy of their demo. The 3 songs on the demo were really good, but suffered from a poor recording. Fast forward to December 2008, and Reflect now have a full length out on the newly formed Skinned Elbow Records out of Salt Lake City. [On a sidenote: I love SLC hardcore. My old band, The Dead Unknown played Utah more than any other state outside of the Pacific Northwest, and I've developed some great friendships with members of some of the bands to come out of that scene.] Paypal isn't used by Skinned Elbow, so I got to put some well concealed cash into an envelope just like the good old days of mailorder hardcore. "The Hourglass End" showed up in my mailbox yesterday, and I absolutely love this new recording. Take 1 part 108, 2 parts Mean Season, a few eerie riffs reminiscent of Starkweather and a dash of Eyelid, and you should have a decent picture of what Reflect sound like. I can safely say that this is the most excited I've been about a newer band since the days of Make Move. What I'm getting at is that you should head over to www.myspace.com/xreflectx to check out some of their new songs, and then head over to www.myspace.com/skinnedelbowrecords to get all the info you need to order a copy.

7 comments:

sofaking said...

thanks justin :)

-mike/reflect

shonxmurdock said...

they are amazing, no seriously...amazing. especially when the mike takes his shirt off.

Andy IV said...

hey if i were to send you the album track to the time for change "memoirs" full length would you review it?

Andy IV

xjustinx said...

Andy, I would be into that. I dig Time For Change, and we're playing a show together in Seattle pretty soon.

marktheshark said...

If you like SLC bands, have you heard or checked out The Lazarus Project? Amazing band, had the pleasure of seeing them in CA with Clear. I have their album they put out on Greg Hardcore's label.

marktheshark said...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzyi4j1jwnm The Lazarus Project - There Is No Cure. Enjoy.

martin said...

vocals remind me one of bests sxe band Abhinanda