Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Posted by xCHIPxSEM | File under : , ,
Foundation is one of the small amount of bands over the last 5 years that I not only enjoy but respect immensely. These know their 90s hardcore and have a great respect for the bands who came before them. I asked Hank Pratt, guitar player for Foundation, what his favorite 90's hardcore record is and here's what he had to say:
"It's very hard to pick my favorite record from the 90s because I just love so many. If I had to pick I guess it would be Buried Alive's "The Death of Your Perfect World". This record is perfect beginning to end. It starts off with a banger and ends with a banger. And lets not forget that sweet guest spot on "To Live and Die With" by who better than, Jamie Jasta. This record had been stuck in my brain since the first day I heard it. It's not just the recording that sounds awesome, tt's the intensity of the record that keeps me listening every time. The guitar tone, drums, lyrics, and vocals can not be fucked with. I had always loved Scott's other bands, but this record just stuck out for me. It's just so heavy! Every time I hear the end of "Empty Sky" I want to kick some one's head off of their body. Really, there are multiple parts on this record that make me want to do that. I listen to this record almost daily and it just never loses its flair."
Foundation will be releasing their new album in April on Bridge 9 Records.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

hank rules!!

Anonymous said...

this too is my favorite album from the 90's... Buried alive played an awesome set back in 98 at the circle city hardcore fest at the emerson theatre in indianapolis. after seeing them, i had to listen to them every day, and still to this day it is one of my favorite albums of all time.

ChrisInSabbath said...

My favourite "Scott Vogel band" as well. The guitar sound is incredible, I think soundwise it's one of my favourite records ever. Does anyone know what happened to the other guys in the band, any other musical output after Buried Alive?

Anonymous said...

2 guys were in Mother Red after

Anonymous said...

2 guys were in Mother Red after

Anonymous said...

Yeah that guys my brother.