Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Posted by xCHIPxSEM | File under : , , , , , , ,

As I was going through my CDs trying to find something to upload, I came across this which I hadn't heard in quite some time. This was released by Genet Records (who may or may not be defunct now) to commemorate the 1998 Ieper Festival in Belgium. All of the bands that played were recorded but according to the liner notes, Seein' Red & Reply were not happy with the sound quality so they were left off the release. This features a total of 27 songs from some of the best US and European bands of the time including Culture, Arkangel, Congress, Liar, Earthmover, Firestone and more. Some of the songs are unreleased to this day or were rewritten. Definitely a great glimpse into the time. I ripped the release at 256 kbps so its nice and loud. I also did a high quality scan of the cover. I looked and could not find this for sale anywhere so please if anyone finds a link to purchase this, let me know and I'll remove the link. Until then, enjoy this great release.

Vort'n Vis HC Festival CD (1998)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6h4fbj19v5qnzxl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

crucial times. i still got my pics from 95', 99', 00' fest editions...

Anonymous said...

"crucial" hehe sweet comp tho. thanks for the effort.

xGREGx said...

Haha you can get it for like 1 or 2 euros at the Genet distro every year at the Ieperfest. I think they still have plenty of copies they want to get rid of ;)

Anonymous said...

I bought this one but arrived in two pieces in the mailbox! Bummer! Anyway, very representative for the Belgian scene in the late nineties indeed...