Thursday, March 19, 2009

Posted by xjustinx |

Eighty-Eight were a short lived side project from Seattle that featured Timm McIntosh (Trial, Wait In Vain) on vocals, and the majority of Seattle hardcore band Last Man Standing as the musicians. They started just doing covers of youth crew songs, but eventually started writing some originals, and that's how this demo came about. The tape has two original songs, and a cover of Positive Outlook by Youth of Today. Eighty-Eight sets were always a lot of fun, and I wish they had gone on to record the 7", but the band imploded one night when a few members of the band decided to quit after a particular incident at a show in Seattle.



Eighty-Eight - Demo 98
http://www.mediafire.com/?vdnxwljqwdm


4 comments:

Xibalba said...

try and get a hold of Tim's other band Dead Skin Mask. that would rule!

Nick Koets said...

This is a great demo...although super short. Surprisingly, I'm on there doing backups. They were finishing the recording up when I went to go visit Seattle friends from Cali. One of the few demos I still hold in my possession.

Anonymous said...

haha i remember this... someone ask timm about Hard As Fuck - "Feel The Hate"

ERIC SXE said...

Oh man, Hard As Fuck! I remember hanging out with Timm many years ago up in Sacramento and he played the Hard As Fuck tape for me. It was hilarious and seriously rockin! I don't remember if I got a copy of it or not.