Friday, March 27, 2009

Posted by xjustinx |
With all the talk on here recently of the youth crew revival recently, I decided to rip the Ten Yard Fight/Fastbreak split 7", which they dubbed "The Bout Of The Century". The first press of this record was limited to 1,000 on red vinyl, and I believe that only the first 500 were numbered. Another press came along on blue vinyl, and was limited to 500 copies with an alternate cover:

Ten Yard Fight / Fastbreak - The Bout Of The Century
[1997 - Contention Records / Big Wheel Recreation]
http://www.mediafire.com/?mm0e1tgxzum


Here's a flyer from 1998 when Ten Yard Fight and Fastbreak played Portland together. Downshift also played the show, and they were just about to change their name, and become Sworn Vengeance.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

haah Downshift! I never thought I'd see that name again. They would later change their name to Sworn Vengeance who would later have Karl from First Blood play bass and Doug from Terror play guitar. Funny.

xgabex said...

i love that 7 inch. i still have my copy. they played Showcase with Collision and xJusticex from Italy too.

ERIC 31 said...

I'm Eric, the founder and original bass player for DOWNSHIFT. I was surprised to see my band mentioned online. Not too many people remember us. I left and they changed the name to Sworn Vengeance. I wasn't into that. Playing in Oregon was fun.

Unknown said...

Hey Eric! I have the Downshift demo and I remember seeing you guys several times at The Danville Grange and once in Vacaville. I thought the band Sworn Vengeance was awesome, but didn't like the re-name from Downshift. The demo was awesome!

xjustinx said...

Woah, Eric! I'm stoked you turned up on here. I mail ordered the second Downshift demo from you way back in the day. Didn't your brother drum for Downshift/SV for a while too?

ERIC 31 said...

Yeah he did play drums in Downshift/S.V. from the first practice until 2000 when Ryan and Brian decided to kick him out. No loyalty at all from those two.

bk skum said...

Fastbreak was actually from ct an such an awesome band to see live over and over again.

collectiblevinyloverdose said...

They actually pressed the blue vinyl with the regular cover AND the alternate cover. I'm sticking my copies on eBay because I'm poor, but in the sake of not being an annoying salesperson, I'm not listing the link. Just wanted to give you the info. Thanks for the great site. HC forever!