Saturday, December 26, 2009

Posted by xCHIPxSEM | File under : , , ,

So I've made it official: Ive started my distro. The purpose of this is to sell my friends bands music in America, a place where people still are not as receptive to foreign bands. The main problem is foreign shipping. The cost that Americans have to spend to receive an order tends to equal or exceed the cost of whatever they order so by buying in bulk or making large orders through the labels, I can cut down on the cost and help expose great bands to new ears. Currently, I have an order coming in from the Retribution Network in Tokyo and I will placing an order with Caboose Recordings from Tokyo, Alliance Trax from Tokyo, Self True Records from Moscow, and Goodlife Recordings from Belgium. I plan on contacting individual bands about acquiring their music as well as smaller labels but I have to start small and plan on building this up. If there is anything you'd like to have me try and track down, by all means leave a comment or shoot me an email at Dancefloorjustice305@yahoo.com. I don't know if this idea of mine will work or if I will end up in debt but I know there are so many great bands out there that are not getting the exposure they deserve just because their records are not available in the US. I plan on changing that...details will be posted soon with the web address.

Chip XXX

2 comments:

Martin144 said...

chip, i can put you in touch with argentinian bands, theres one in particular, nueva etica (vegan sxe), that have gotten some us distro in the past thru catalyst and they are pretty well known, they toured all of latin america, europe a couple of times and even japan. let me know if interested and if i can help you in any other way.
martin144@gmail.com
martin.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea man! It would be really cool to have access to Reflections Records and Just Another Day Records.