Thursday, August 27, 2009

Posted by xCHIPxSEM |
My dear friend, Mike Turley, requested a scan of the Threadbare record "Feeling Older Faster" so here we are. I remember the first time I heard Threadbare...the Anti-Matter comp. I remember reading the liner notes and Norm Brannon (Arenas) said he felt this band would always be underappreciated. I have to agree...I think the band was a regional thing because in South Florida I could count on 1 hand how many kids knew who they were. Either way, they released some great records and this is one of em. I can't recall if its out of print now (I know it is on CD) but if it is, Ill upload the CD.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't find any threadbare anywhere- please upload! i always wondered why nobody ever did a discography cd for this band....

xjoex said...

Threadbare was an awesome band. I first heard them on the Antimatter comp too.

Carl Skildum was in some other amazing bands. The best of which was Krakatoa, check that stuff out, its amazing.

He was also in Picturesque which was pretty awesome too.

-Joe

Scott. said...

Really love this CD, been listening to it fairly regularly the last few months. On a side note, looking forward to hearing the new Blinding Light stuff.

mikeXreflect said...

thank you chip! haven't talked for a while man! hope all is well! i first heard them on the anti matter comp too. great band. never had the chance to see them which is a total bummer. but one of my favorite releases in history. perfect record.

xjustinx said...

Honestly, the new Blinding Light cd is kind of a let down compared to previous recordings.