Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Posted by xCHIPxSEM |

Courtesy of a very generous Ryan Hex, I was able to finally obtain the Groundwork CD. While I don't know an incredible amount about this band, this releases by Bloodlink Records collects the "Today We Will Not Be Invisible Nor Silent" LP, their tracks from the split with Unbroken, the Living In Fear 7 inch, the Lay Down 7 inch and their track from the "Lacking Mindset" 7 inch comp. The only thing making this an incomplete discography is the exclusion of the demo (as far as I know). Every other rip of this has always sounded kinda crappy, so I did a nice high quality VBR rip and scanned the cover as well as the back which explains which tracks are from which release. The actual insert is enormous, probably a good 20 pages of lyrics, essays by the band members and whatnot. If anyone wants, Ill scan it but itll take some time. I asked Justin to write a few words about the band when he has the time, so be on the lookout for that. Until then, heres the almost complete discography from Groundwork.

*NEW LINK*

Groundwork - Today We Will Not Be Invisible Nor Silent

8 comments:

mattack said...

Excellent band, excellent record, excellent post. I posted about this very same release on my blog (http://automattack.net/2008/01/groundwork-today-we-will-not-be-invisible-nor-silent-1994/).

Members of Groundwork went on to be in Absinthe and Four Hundred Years.

Shawna said...

Such a good record!

jav said...

"a prayer for the dead" is one of the heaviest songs ever.

dont forget to add BURY ME STANDING to the list of bands the band members went on to form

ElĂ­as said...

please put the lyrics, the booklet!

Unknown said...

Tzansk for the great rip! Lyrics would be really awesome

Anonymous said...

Hello! Please reup!

ERIC SXE said...

I recently found my Living In Fear 7" and wondered what became of this band. Glad I checked over here! Their full length is killer and hard to find nowadays. Thanks.

TheNewTaylorSwift said...

I just found this CD at a Sally Ann for $2.00! Luck be the aging hardcore fan tonight!