Sunday, September 27, 2009

Posted by xjustinx |

After arriving home from a great weekend on the Oregon coast with my wife, I got some of the worst possible news I could hear. Last night, Brian Redman died in a car crash in Tacoma. Brian was one of the first people that I met when I started regularly driving up to shows in Seattle with my friend Conrad. At the time, he was playing bass in a band called Left With Nothing. In 1999, and the reunion shows, he played bass for Trial. There was also a two year period where he was playing bass for 3 Inches of Blood a few years back. He was truly an amazing person that had the ability to make you laugh in the most absurd ways possible, but could then turn around and have a deep, meaningful conversation with you all in the stretch of an hour. Throughout the last couple of hours that I've been home, so many memories of Brian from the last 12+ years have been on rotation in my head. While there doesn't seem to be a legitimate news story online, there a small write up here. I know that he met many, many people over the years, and that he always left a lasting impression with them all. The Northwest, and the world as a whole, has lost an incredibly great person, and my gut still feels torn apart from this news. RIP Brian. I will miss you greatly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm terribly sorry to hear this, man. If there's anything at all that I can do for you, please let me know.

Christina said...

What a great description.. Brian was someone I could talk to about anything.. He was like no-one else I knew.. I wish iwould have had more time with him.. RIP Brian!!!! love u

Unknown said...

I was honored to have met the guy and have to say that he was a stand out person.

David Agranoff said...

That is awful. So sorry to hear that.

AJ said...

The main thing that stood out about Trial when I saw them at the Burning Fight release show was not the 1000 people who were singing along, but the genuine enjoyment that all the members of the band were sharing while on stage. It was smiles all around; something that one usually does not get to experience at hardcore shows. I never so much as talked to this guy, yet felt a sort of connection with him through something as silly as a music performance. I can only imagine the loss that one would feel had they been close with this man. Condolences, if that means anything.