Sunday, September 20, 2009

Posted by xCHIPxSEM |

For those of you who know me, know a few things about musically...I love all things Morrissey, straight edge and Syracuse Hardcore. Well when I heard the Path of Resistance record when it came out in 1996, I was blown away. The record still destroys every other band that tries to pull off the 3 singer attack and even 13 years later, the record still holds its ground. Anyway, as I got older and the internet became a great way to find out information about bands, I started to search out demos from these bands that I loved. The first one I heard about was the Earth Crisis "Firestorm" demo with the Taxi Driver intro...we did a post for it, it rules, end of story. Then I heard there was a Path demo. Only problem was that no one I knew had ever actually seen it let alone heard it. I snooped around and sure enough there was a demo. I finally found one on Ebay recently and was able to win it. It showed up yesterday and it promptly went into my cassette deck. Well, I dont know if I was duped or if it was real but the 4 tracks were the same as the full length recording. It just sounds like it was unmastered...so maybe there isnt actually an actual demo recording, maybe there is. I don't know...its definitely cool to have. I scanned the insert that came with it (there was no cover) which shows the lyrics to four songs including "Followers" which would later be retitled "In Honors Name" and "Falling Prey" which would be changed to "Fallen Prey". Also notice at the top corner of the insert, the members of the band are handwritten. If anyone has anymore info on this tape, please let me know so I can put to rest whether or not I should continue my search.

11 comments:

HUANSOAHN said...

fuck yeah seen this thing in 1998 or so!a friend told me it was a rough mix tape or promo for victory...still I would love to hear it is it possible to up it?

xCHIPxSEM said...

Im working on acquiring a USB tape deck but to be honest, put on "Who Dares Wins" and just turn it down. Thats exactly what it sounds like...Ill still rip it if you want but other the volume being lower, it sounds no different

Guav said...

I wish you had asked me about it before you bid on it. There is no demo recording of the first Path record. These were just cassette copies of a few of the songs that the band dubbed from the studio recording (don't remember if it was pre- or post-master) to give out to friends while waiting for the record to drop so people could hear it.

You weren't necessarily intentionally misled by the seller—maybe they didn't know—but all you bought was a home taping of the record. Of course, you did get the amazing insert with my sick graf on it, that alone is worth whatever you paid for it, I'm sure hehe

Anonymous said...

I'll email Jeff Caudill's cover of "The Ordinary Boys" to you tonight.

HUANSOAHN said...

hey chip don`t hesitate I believe you when you say it´s the same...maybe I was just hoping to hear something new by the path!

thanks for this amazing inlay though!

Guav said...

HUANSOAHN, I have a question for you.

HUANSOAHN said...

yeah huansoahn@gmail.com go ahead

Guav said...

Can you please take down the Maximum Penalty record you posted at Brothers In Crime?

HUANSOAHN said...

yeah sure actually its just a link I got but sure!

Guav said...

I know it's just a link, but you know what I mean. Thanks, it's appreciated.

HUANSOAHN said...

theres nothing to thank me for man I know its not a good thing to post this prerelease things but I thought it would be good promo for MP.I posted a link to the pre order page instead!