Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Posted by xCHIPxSEM |
One thing I always loved about Immigrant Sun Records was the packaging. Sean Mallinson always did an incredible job and made the layouts so special, as if you felt like this was a limited release and you were lucky enough to pick one up. Morning Again released two records on Immigrant Sun, this being their first. The cover was a nice glossy full color print and instead of the usual one sheet insert, the label made a booklet held together with twine. Inside mine, there was also a flyer for upcoming releases which I scanned as well. I don't own the second release "To Die A Bitter Death" but Justin has it so Ill get him to scan it. I think the label has since folded, which is a shame, but if you can track down any of their releases I would strongly suggest doing so.

13 comments:

Basilx said...

This was my intro to them, and probobly to the genre.
It was the layout that grabbed my attention.
Both me and gf are thinkin of ways to put this into a tattoo

Anonymous said...

i wish there was a downlaod link for this record

Cheesegrater said...

Saw M.A. at Syracuse Fest in '97. Their set blew me away, so I bought this 7". Wish you'd included a link to digital version.

xCHIPxSEM said...

The tracks from this were collected and made available on the cd "The Fallen...The Few That Remain" released by Eulogy Recordings. The tracks are still in print, thats why I didnt include a link

Cheesegrater said...

Understandable. Thanks for the heads up Chip.

Leitner said...

I'm in that pic..ha

xCHIPxSEM said...

Jordan, email me at dancefloorjustice305@yahoo.com

Chip

Anonymous said...

This is my alltime favourite hardcore 7"
I taped it for everybody and made so many people listen to it. I got totally mad if anybody didn't love it as much as I did.
I lent the 7" to a bandmate and his girlfriend managed to crack it, Damn.

Wedge said...

i have the no reason record on vinyl. i also have the mail order catalog that came with it

Anonymous said...

Glad you all liked it. It means a lot to me that people appreciated the work we put into it. - Sean

jamie c. said...

hey sean this is jamie c. i played drums in a.v. with ted alexander on bass-immigrant sun was/is synonymous with the words "quality releases"
you do superior work my friend...
graciously yours, as i previously stated-jamie c.

Anonymous said...

yes sean... immigrant sun was always synonymous with the words "quality releases"

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie! I'm actually back at Equal Vision and we printed up some AV shirts not too long ago!

- Sean