Saturday, May 17, 2014

Posted by JDS | File under : , , , , , ,
20+ years ago I was given a great soundboard recording of  Zero Tolerance labeled "ZT Toronto 1990" I dubbed it for a few friends and kind of forgot about it. A few years ago, I misplaced said tape and recently my friend Bill came to the rescue with the dub I had made for him. Larry Ransom (another friend I dubbed the tape for in '94) and I were trading emails discussing the recording and he surmised that though the copy I had back in the day was marked 1990, the show was actually from late '89. Sure enough, I shot a message over to former ZT bass player Eric Rice who confirmed that the show was in October of '89 in Toronto and the line-up was, get this: Zero Tolerance, Cannibal Corpse and the GOO GOO DOLLS. 

This set is pretty great, there's early versions of 3 songs that went on to be on the legendary 1990 demo, with Trapped In A World being performed for the first time at this show. Some of the laid back stage banter and guitarist Mike Robinson's late show outburst is great. There's also many songs played that were never released and recorded, check it out.


1 comments:

Andrew TSKS said...

Hah the Goo Goo Dolls were kind of a fast punk band at that time. Ever heard their album Jed? That's 1989. I'm more blown away that Cannibal Corpse was the other band on the bill, to tell the truth. That night certainly was full of odd juxtapositions.