Thursday, December 3, 2009

Posted by Anonymous |

I realize that xStuck In The Pastx is not the appropriate forum for personal posts, so Chip or Justin, feel free to delete this if you'd like.

I'll try to keep this as brief as I possibly can - 3 weeks ago, all of my former co-workers and I were sent home early due to the fact that our employer was unable to make payroll. A week later, we were all officially laid off. Due to the company filing bankruptcy, we did not receive our final paychecks for all of the money that we were owed within 72 hours as California law clearly states and have, in fact, received no compensation whatsoever since the end of October. A class action lawsuit is currently in the works but due to the sheer uncertainty of the whole thing, the fact that only 1/3rd of the entire workforce are on board with the lawsuit (thus making it MUCH more costly for each of us to participate in it) and the inexperience of the lawyer being retained to handle the case, I regretfully had to decline participation shortly after first agreeing to participate. Needless to say, all of this has put me in a pretty foul mood for close to a month now.

However, all that changed this morning after I read my good friend Joe Nelson's Thanksgiving Jam with H.R. post on Double Cross. For the first time in weeks, I laughed out loud and had an ear to ear grin on my face for the rest of the day. I encourage each and every one of you to read it and I sincerely hope that it has a positive effect on you as well.

http://doublecrosswebzine.blogspot.com/2009/12/joe-nelsons-thanksgiving-jam-with-hr.html


Photo taken by Dan Rawe

0 comments: