Friday, February 20, 2009

Posted by xjustinx |

Much like stated in Chip's post about Prayer For Cleansing earlier, I love that band. I remember being absolutely floored when my friend first got their cd in his distro. The 3 songs that PFC recorded for their "The Tragedy" 7" in 2004 had actually been previously recorded. If I remember correctly, PFC were supposed to put out a split with the band xOne Fifthx, but they broke up before it could really be put together. Sometime in 2000, I acquired mp3s of 3 PFC songs, but I can't remember where I got them for the life of me. I'm not sure where the rips initially came from, but this was the early days of mp3 conversion, so people weren't exactly concerned with bit rates and high quality. Personally, I think this version of the songs sounds better than what they recorded in 2004. These come across as more energetic and raw, as opposed to the somewhat sterile studio sound captured on The Tragedy.

Prayer For Cleansing - unreleased
http://www.mediafire.com/?kxmfbymmw6fhnmt

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, i remember xone-fifthx. my old band had the displeasure of playing shows with them back in the 2001-2002 time period, down in florida. that band was awful. haha. i cant believe that PFC was going to do a split with them.

Anthem said...

I have no recollection of xOne-fifthx or plans to do a split with them.

xCHIPxSEM said...

Shrout what band were you in?

xjustinx said...

That was the word floating around the old aol chatrooms at the time. I found it odd that you guys would do a split with them as well. Dave, what were the origins of these 3 tracks?

xjustinx said...

Shrout is the man. I wish he would move to the NW, so we can start a Strain rip off band.

xCHIPxSEM said...

shit im an idiot. jason i didnt realize it was you haha

Chris said...

I originally got these off of MP3.com waaayyy back. At least I think it was from there.